14_0201 post 82
Finally hi again.
A lot has happened in the last two weeks. Summing them up:
1. My girlfriend is visiting from Oslo. She’s leaving February 9.
2. During this school break, last month I relocated to Bandung—a smaller city 4 hours train ride south east of Jakarta. I didn’t have access to internet access all the time here.
3. I lost my phone to a pickpocket. Internet became more difficult.
4. I missed my first RFAOH post on January 15, a day after the pickpocket incident.
5. Jakarta got flooded (again). I experienced it again after not living in Jakarta while this annual disaster happening. I didn’t get affected badly (most of the people I know somehow lives in a higher area) as a result of the Bandung relocation. Officials still warn about the worst is still looming on the horizon this year, so it’s too soon to consider this condition has passed.
I decided to be absent from posting at all after I managed to spell ‘i-n-a-b-s-e-n-t-i-a” for the second time. It had indeed become ‘work’ for me. Time to stop it was. After all this, I’m writing to inform that I’m back. In Jakarta, with a new downgraded phone but nevertheless one with an internet connection. I’ll try my best to fulfill my intention to write in this column, one post everyday. Does anyone miss my posts?