14_0427 post 156
My last Sunday in this space. I want to use this one to inform how, on paper, I’m living around great people in my house. I dedicate this post to them (I’m not putting their names here for privacy reasons, but just following the links, those who wants to know could easily look who’s whom here).
1. The “floor” manager of Komunitas Salihara, (this is not a real position, this is just the term we think explains her job description better) an art establishment focusing on literature, performing + visual arts.
2. A photo/videographer who’s currently working on the first ever Indonesian pavilion for this year’s Venice Architecture Biennale, taking Ketukangan/Craftmanship: Material Consciousness as its title.
3. A film festival producer, whose latest effort is being the Manager for Europe on Screen, opening next week.
4. An art administrator/reporter who is currently unemployed after recently quit her job in Jakarta Endowment for Arts & Heritage (JEFORAH) + grant-giving foundation Kelola. She’s looking for job in advertising next.
5. Just moved out: an activist working for Rutgers WPF, “a renowned centre of expertiseon sexual and reproductive health and rights”, as Program Manager.
See, on paper, these people are superb. But I’m not friends with them because of any of the above. Those are misleading representations on each of them. I never know or value them for those things, but more for things that are really difficult to put on paper.
Again, this is a post dedicated for them, but this dedication is done through not writing about the most important things about them. I’m trying not to reduce them to abstractions like what would the rest of the world know them as, like written above.